Dolpo is one of the wonderful places on the earth where one can get enough satisfaction of diverse nature, culture and spectacular scenic beauty in each pace of walks. There are many places with different charms. Some places in the upper region are interesting to explore where the ancient Tibetan culture are found in its primitive form.
Some of the attractions are:
- Phoksundo, the deepest lake of Nepal which is famous for its crystal clear water and turquoise colour. There is no any aquatic creature the lake remains always neat and clean watered.
- Shey Phoksundo National Park the largest national park in the country where endangered species like Snow Leopard, musk deer, etc. have been protected.
- Peak like Mt.Putha where skiing is found feasible and the river Bheri provides a very good excitement for the kayakers.
- Buddhist’s holy place Crystal mountain and Shey Gompa.
- Tinje valley.
- Dho Tarap valley human settlement in the highest elevation.
- Rara the biggest lake in Nepal
- Sinjha valley where Nepali language was flourished.
- Upper Dolpo Upper Mustang where old Tibetan culture is found in its primitive form.
- Kyakuchin a beautiful lake at an elevation of …………… and the peak ……
- Dolpo peak
- Mt. Kanjirowa.
- Dolpo Bon School (the only Bon School in Dolpo)
- Tichorong, village where the people speak typical dialect ‘Kaike’ that is not spoken anywhere else.